Florida Underground Wrestling will no longer be running weekly events on Friday. Thank you for your support, and we wish Empire Night Club the best of luck in future endeavors.
Sassy Stephanie d. Rain to retain the WSU Spirit Championship
The Boston Shore d. The Belle Saints to retain the WSU Tag Team Championships
Serena Deeb d. Nikki Roxx in a First Time Ever match
Amy Lee Jamilia Craft were the soul survivors of the annual 8-woman Elimination match; as a result, Amy Lee earned the right to enter the Uncensored Rumble last
Kristin Astara d. Jillian Hall in Hall’s first match since her WWE tenure
Cindy Rogers d. Allison Danger in Cindy Rogers retirement match
Niya Barbie went to a no-contest after Jessicka Havok ran out to destroy both competitors
Jessicka Havok d. Alicia via ref stoppage in an Uncensored Rules match when Alicia’s mom threw in the towel
Mercedes Martinez d. Brittney Savage to retain the WSU World Title, her 44th defense in 30+ months, keeping her reign as the longest reigning defending champion in all of womens wrestling
Lexus defeated 22 other women to win the Uncensored Rumble; as a result Lexus will get a WSU World Title match on August 6th
NOTE TO ALL FANS WHO ORDERED THE iPPV OR ORDERING THE IPPV REPLAY:
– The DVD version of this event will feature backstage footage as well as the emotional celebration of Cindy Rogers career, which occurred after the iPPV went off the air. The entire WSU locker room came out to send Cindy Rogers off in style. As noted before, Rogers has been battling through injuries and had to stop wrestling for health reasons.
Fans who order the DVD (we will have pre-ordering information up this week) will get $5 off the price if you show us your iPPV receipt from GoFightLive.
WSUWRESTLING.com has now been updated. Rankings, Title Histories Win/Loss record pages have all been updated. Check out WSU’s 4+ year history at these pages, as every match result, win/loss championship match have been recorded on these pages.
WSU will be releasing several free videos later this week. We will also have a new episode of WSU Uncensored available soon at Inasectv.com/wsu
WSU stresses to check us out at Twitter.com/WSUwrestling, as many on the WSU roster talk about their matches and we also provide live updates news. Pictures have also been uploaded to the WSU facebook page at Facebook.com/wsuwrestling
WSU would like to thank our male counterparts for showing their support to the hardest working women in wrestling today. Stars such as Homicide, Azrieal, Deranged, Dixie, Mack Daddy Flexx, Bobby G., Reggadones, Mo Sextyn, Bandido Jr., Jay Lover, Justin Toxic, Neeno Capone, as well as the staffs of NYWC ACE came out to show their support at the live event.
WSU will return live on 8/6 at the ACE Arena with a special DOUBLE DVD taping. That’s two shows for the price of one. Main eventing taping one will be Mercedes Martinez vs Lexus for the WSU World Title. The second taping will be main evented by Jessicka Havok vs Alicia in a winner takes all LAST WOMAN STANDING match.
Serena Deeb, The Boston Shore, Brittney Savage, Amy Lee, Rain, Annie Social, Allisyn Kay, Sassy Stephanie, The Belle Saints, Niya, Barbie, The Soul Sisters, Jennifer Cruz, Rick Cataldo, Monique many more have been signed to this event.
We will have full details and a press release about this show later this week.
- Thanks to everyone for making this the most bought WSU iPPV.
- Injury Report: Mercedes Martinez was banged up and had a stinger that has since went away….Jana of the Soul Sisters had a concussion and was pulled from the rumble. She will not miss any ring time. Jana has been on every single WSU show since day one… Brittney Savage was also banged up after her match…. Both Alicia/Havok had minor cuts/bruises and were sore after their encounter. No one is expected to miss any ring time.
- Annie Social is back with WSU full time and is on every show forward, as long as it does not conflict with her schedule in Japan.
- Roxxie Cotton was supposed to return to WSU last night but had car trouble. She returns 8/6.
- WSU was thrilled with the debut of Allison Danger. You can not write emotional moments Danger sent off Rogers as classy as possible.
- WSU thanks Cindy Rogers for her loyal work here for 4+ years. WSU was honored Cindy chose to have her last match here. Cindy Rogers had a test run on commentary for the iPPV during the Rumble. Lots of tears were flowing after Cindy’s match. Martinez Amy Lee put together Cindy’s post show segment, which will be released on the DVD as an exclusive.
- Jon Harder, who started on 4/2 with the company, and called the iPPV, is WSU’s full time commentator.
- After debuting in Reina in Japan, Latasha returns on 8/6.
- WSU apologizes for the late start time. Our original GoFightLive producer was in a car accident 2 weeks ago and we had a new staff. There were problems with one camera being out and another camera being black/white. WSU didn’t want to go on the air with a crappy feed, so we took the 20 minutes to make sure things would flow smooth. Since WSU didn’t want the fans live to just sit there, WSU asked Amy Lee Rick Cataldo to go out there and do improv comedy to warm up the crowd while fixing the technical issues. We promise to make sure this does not happen again.
- WSU thanks Jamilia Craft for everything and wishes her the best of luck in Reina in Japan. The door is always open once Jamilia returns to the United States, as Jamilia has a one year deal, but who knows if it will be extended.
- Something major that will affect the course of WSU will take place on 8/6…..
- WSU has signed a deal to release compilation DVDs in national chain stores. We are hoping to have our first DVD “UNCENSORED Volume 1″ released in stores this Fall. The DVD cover is already on our Facebook page. Stay tuned for more.
- WSU will return on 8/6… a press release is expected soon. It will be a double DVD taping and not taped for iPPV. WSU wants to spread out the iPPVs to make them feel more special and wants to use the double DVD tapings to help build up future iPPVs. WSU has renewed for a second year with Inasectv.com and wants to use the show to help push the iPPVs.
- WSU has several autographed posters from everyone on the event for sale for $10. To check availability/order, please email BULLSMC@aol.com
Hulk Hogan Interview
Legendary pro-wrestler Hulk Hogan was in Buffalo Saturday night for a TNA Wrestling show at Coca-Cola field.
Hogan spent much of the night signing autographs and posing for pictures with dozens of fans at the event.
Hogan also had a message for Channel 2, “you know I got Hulkamaniacs all over this place and now I got NBC Channel 2 sneaking up on me and my maniacs. You got realize we got you surrounded here at Coca-Cola field, next time you show up at my house, NBC better be wearing red and yellow brother because if you don’t we’ll body slam the whole TV station brother!”
2 on Your Side’s Ben Hayes spoke with Hogan before the event about his long career in pro-wrestling and the tremendous support he still receives from his fans. “They know I put my heart and soul in this business and good or bad they stuck with me,” said Hogan.
Hogan said he recently underwent his 8th back surgery, but want’s to stay committed to both wrestling and his fans. “I’m still healing my back and I feel like I got a shot of new life just coming out and being around the wrestling fans.”
Selected for you by a sponsor:
Yes… I went there.
I think it’s fair to say that this week’s episode of Monday Night Raw was nothing more than a big ole mess. Fourteen divas, one ring, and no time is never a good combination but when things end up with a chorus line or a kick line, or whatever the hell you want to call it, it’s just not good for anyone involved. I can only thank the wrestling gods high in squared circle heaven for sparing at least seven of the girls the utter humiliation of just looking dumb. As far as the other seven… well, at least three of them got a chance to redeem themselves on SmackDown. The war between the heels and the faces continued on this Friday and we finally got our six Diva tag team match. Natalya joined her rookie pals, AJ and Kaitlyn, to take on Tamina, Alicia Fox, and Rosa Mendes. Will the heels reign supreme or will the faces carrying their kick line momentum to another victory?
Like usual, we kick things off with the entrances and rather than just letting us see the face entrance, we get the heel entrance this week as well. Alicia, Tamina, and Rosa come out to Alicia’s music and they stand in the ring with their bitch faces on while the faces make their way to the ring. I also thank the wrestling gods for not letting me hear AJ’s theme again, and if all she ever does is tag with and use Natalya’s music from here on out… I’m okay with that. Anyway, the faces pose for the crowd and it’s decided that Alicia and Kaitlyn will begin.
Alicia attacks right off the bat by kicking Kaitlyn in the stomach and knocking her down with a stiff looking forearm. She tosses her in the corner and looks to bounce her head off the turnbuckle, but Kaitlyn gets a foot up to block. Kaitlyn fires back with an elbow, as well some other offense, and she throws Alicia into the corner padding. Alicia stumbles away from Kaitlyn and groggily turns around only to be knocked down with a clothesline. She wisely gets up, runs to her corner, and tags in Tamina.
Tamina and Kaitlyn lock up, with Tamina easily getting the advantage here. She sends Kaitlyn flying into the corner and the NXT season three winner smartly tags in Natalya. The gorgeous blond enters the ring and slides between Tamina’s legs. The surprised Diva whirls around and Nattie nails her with a dropkick. Tamina goes stumbling into the ropes and Nattie goes to use the adjacent ones for leverage. Rosa inserts herself into the action by getting Natalya’s attention, and that allows Tamina to recover. When Natalya turns around, Tamina slams her foot into the Canadian’s gut, and Nattie is doubled over in pain. Tamina follows it up with a vicious little headbutt and Nattie is sent to the ground. This gives the beautiful brunette a chance to work over those powerful legs of Natalya’s and she decides to try and weaken the left one.
And when I say left, I could mean right. I’m ambidextrous so I don’t really know the difference.
Anyway, Tamina snaps Natalya’s knee (not literally) but it proves to be a mistake because the experience of Nattie pays dividends. Natalya is able to turn Tamina’s wannabe submission into the Sharpshooter and she pulls the lesser experienced Diva to the center of the ring. She’s looking for a victory but Rosa jumps in the ring and attacks Nattie from behind. This brings in Kaitlyn, who is quick to dispose of Zack Ryder’s ex-girlfriend (still a travesty he was left off Raw this week, ahem). Nattie scrambles to her corner and AJ finally gets to see some action.
The little spitfire comes flying in with some pretty snazzy forearm shots to Tamina’s face. However, the larger, more powerful girl is able to shove AJ off. AJ bounces off the ropes and attempts to wrap herself around Tamina’s shoulders, but Tamina puts a stop to whatever it is that AJ is wanting to do. She simply falls back and crushes AJ, and she goes for the cover.
Alicia, Tamina, and Rosa are able to celebrate a victory.
Welp, it wasn’t bad.
That said, it wasn’t good either. I want to reserve extreme judgment because some people are saying this match was horribly edited. Apparently there were digitals that showed different things happening in the match that was shown on television. I can’t confirm that because honestly, I don’t have a clue. All I can talk about is what I saw in three short minutes. A good minute of the match was used simply for ring entrances and the rest was action. Alicia and Kaitlyn worked well together and wow, Alicia just looked so pretty to me tonight. Tamina worked the majority of the match and against Natalya, she was solid. I would honestly like to see a one on one match between those two because I feel as if Natalya could bring out Tamina’s best. They could match power for power moves, and it could be a great contest.
Not really sure what else I can say about this week’s SmackDown. It went how pretty much how I thought it would. I don’t know if we can ever expect the girls to improve when they’re given so little time but all we can do is continue to support them no matter what. One day someone will wake up and realize that there are amazing wrestlers on the Diva roster and they’ll give those girls a chance to shine and make the girls who lack look like a million dollars. Look what happened when time was invested in Layla.
That’s basically all I’ve got this week, I’m afraid. It doesn’t look like we’ll have anything to watch at Capitol Punishment unless something is added at the last minute. I’ll be watching regardless but should we not have any Diva action on Sunday, I’ll just hope that we get something great come Monday.
Of course with a three-hour show, that probably won’t happen. Until then… Cryssi out!
– Jen Wenk, who represents “Suga” Rashad Evans, announced this week that her firm, StarPR Las Vegas, has signed a deal with Rich “Ace” Franklin to serve as his public relations representative and counsel. StarPR Las Vegas will provide public and media relations services for Franklin to further expand his presence in the sports industry, while developing media strategies to support his future endeavors and professional pursuits. “I have worked with Jen Wenk since 2005, and I know her track record and what she accomplished for the UFC through public relations,” said Franklin. “I am excited to have Jen on my team, and I look forward to a long and successful relationship with her and StarPR Las Vegas.”
– Tatame is reporting that Mackens Semerzier is out of his scheduled fight with Yuri Alcantara at UFC Rio, and Canadian prospect Antonio “Pato” Carvalho will take his place. The featherweight contest marks the UFC debuts for both Alcantara and Carvalho.
– MMAJunkie.com is reporting that injuries have forced the cancellation of the Danillo Villefort vs. Antwain Britt main-card bout at Strikeforce Challengers: Fodor vs. Terry on June 24. The site also reports that Yuri Villefort has been forced to withdraw from his scheduled fight with Travis Bush on the preliminary card, and Ryan LaFlare will take his place.
– Strikeforce heavyweight Josh Barnett, who has moonlighted as a professional wrestler in the past, took some time off this week from his preparations for his fight with Brett Rogers this Saturday to put on a pro wrestling exhibition. You can check it out below:
Article source: http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/2011/0617/540784/quick-shots/
Next week sees the DVD release of Mamachas del Ring, a poignant documentary following the journey of four female wrestlers as they challenge the male-dominated industry in Bolivia. As well as their professional struggles, the documentary depicts the personal struggles of Carmen Rosa as she juggles her love of wrestling with her life as a wife and mother.
Ahead of the DVD release, we talk to the film’s director, Betty M Park, about how she discovered the mamachas, how the film came about the process of producing the film, playing it at festivals and the DVD release. Diva Dirt is proud to support this documentary and hope our visitors will too!
Listen to the interview below:
Download the interview by right-clicking here and selecting ‘Save Target As’ or stream the interview below:
Please Note: This audio is the exclusive content of Diva Dirt (diva-dirt.com), for which we hold copyright. By downloading our audio you agree not to repost the content elsewhere including but not limited to other websites, blogs or message boards. Failure to respect copyright may result in legal action.
Mamachas del Ring is out on DVD on June 21st. Click here to purchase.
Watch the trailer below:
Ex-WWE Developmental Wrestler Still Claiming To Be Father Of Kharma’s Unborn Child – Says “Truth And Proof Will Be Shown”
Posted by: Kenny Williams of WrestlingNewsSource.com on Jun 09 2011
Ex-WWE developmental wrestler Byron Wilcott is still claiming to be the father of WWE Diva Kharma’s unborn child. Last night, a fan commented about the claim on Wilcott’s official Facebook page, and Wilcott responded with the following statement:
“Andrew please support my family in this trying time The truth and proof will be shown in the very near future. Right now all I can say is thank you for ur support as we sort out a few issues”
As previously reported, Kharma has officially denied that Wilcott is the father of her unborn child, calling any and all reports saying so “completely false.”
Load Live Chat (Will disconnect if you leave this page, load it in a new tab instead!)
Click here to add a comment(May take five minutes to appear)
Note: Commentary is not the views or opinions of WrestlingNewsSource.Com and users posts are the responsibility of that user alone. Comments will be moderated if required. All hate speech will be deleted, and get you banned. We appreciate that you all will disaggree and fight, we allow that. Please leave the racism and hate out. That is really all that’s asked of you when you speak with others here.